Saturday, April 21, 2012

our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.

Below are a few pictures from my DIY adventure. One thing led to another. My true intentions were to give my old jeans a ripped effect but I decided that I didn't like the color of them so I bleached them and then dyed them. I also took out the tacky stitching from the pockets and other areas.






A few things I learned about this DYI was first, to take the stitching in consideration, as it does not change color. Second, not to leave the jeans in bleach for too long. And lastly but most important, to not underestimate the amount of time and energy this do-it-yourself took! With that said, the denim turned into a beautiful bright pink, but because I soaked them in beach for too long the denim started ripping and is now too delicate to wear. Not much money was spent, a total of $3, but a great deal was learned and I am now fully prepared to dye demin in the near future.

2 comments: